Protein is a macro-nutrient that consist of amino acids. The function and structure of our body depends on proteins, also the regulation of body’s tissues, organs and cells cannot happen without them! Moreover, it works as neurotransmitters and the Hemoglobin is also a protein.

1. Eggs

EggsEggs are the perfect source of proteins, healthful fats and nutrients. This healthy food contains about 6-7 grams of protein and the egg yolk contains up to about half of the protein content of the egg. Therefore, eating the entire egg is the best way to get the complete proteins and nutrients.

2. Milk

MilkMilk contains 3.3% total protein as well as 9 essential amino acids required by humans. In the case of cow’s milk 82% of milk protein is casein and the remaining 18% is serum or whey protein. Milk proteins can be used as a micro-nutrient carriers in foods.

3. Almonds

AlmondsCompared to all other nuts, Almonds are the best source of minerals, vitamins, protein and fiber. In each serving of one-ounce (about 23 almonds) provides 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein and other essential vitamins! Also, chocolate coated almonds just got better!

4. Cottage Cheese

Cottage CheeseCottage Cheese made from curdled milk contains relatively few calories, but is an excellent source of protein. It is made with mostly casein protein and also rich with many nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, vitamin B and selenium.

5. Chicken Breast

Chicken breastIn each 3 ounce of serving, chicken breasts have 26 grams of protein! Compared to the dark meat (legs and wings) the white meat (chicken breast) has slightly less cholesterol and is the healthiest option. This protein rich food is the best when it is baked in the oven or stir fried with your favorite vegetables.

6. Lean beef

Lean-beefIn technical terms, lean beef is any cut of beef containing 10 grams of total fat and less than 4.5 grams of saturated fat. Lean red meat is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, iron, zinc and protein. Therefore, moderate intake of this food is a recommended part of healthy diet.

7. Tuna

TunaA popular type of fish and is an excellent source of protein with low calorie count. This can be hot in a range of baked dishes or cold in salads. Like other fish, tuna is also contains omega-3 fats and various nutrients.

8. Oats

OatsCompared to other grains, Oats are the perfect source of quality protein at 11–17% of dry weight. The major protein in oats is avenalin, which is similar to legume proteins but isn’t found in any other grain. One cup of oatmeal contains 6 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber (half soluble and half insoluble) and about 150 calories.

9. Corn

CornIt is a decent source of protein and the most abundant proteins in corn are known as zeins. Depending on different varieties of corn, the protein content ranges from 10% – 15%. This highly nutritious food is high in carbs as well as packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber.

10. Broccoli

BroccoliA very popular as well as high in protein vegetable that provides 2.6 grams of protein in each cup (91 gram). Also, broccoli is a rich source of manganese, potassium, vitamins C and K, phosphorus and folate. Raw broccoli contains 3% protein, 7% carbs and almost 90% water!

On the whole, Protein is an essential nutrient and are needed to build and repair tissue, muscle, skin, hair and nails. 19 years and over adults need 0.8 grams of protein for every kilogram of body weight. Insufficient of protein may cause various health problems such as marasmus, impaired mental health, organ failure, edema and weakness of immune system.